And I say Angels Exist !
Here is the story for the Day !
========
In my hurry ( good excuse ) on the first day of a new project I forgot my umbrella at home . ( First Idiotic move )
While leaving work it was drizzling lightly but I decided to walk ( 2nd Idiotic move )
The distance to home is too short to hail a cab but is not a hop step and jump away either . Convinced of being able to walk between raindrops I decided to walk . Don't know the meaning of patience ( another part of idiotic bull headedness. )
Any way , there I was walking between the raindrops , much to amusement of others but increasingly conscious of becoming seriously wet .
Observation : A bald head offers no resistance to water rolling under your collar !
Halfway I heard a voice from behind saying " Hey Sir " - voice being female of course I stopped ! It was this young lady offering me place under her umbrella ( see photo )
I accepted and we walked along and those who know me would know we talked
She had come from Janakpur and was looking for Shanti Nagar which was down the road ( honestly it is !)
and I found out she was training to be a nurse but had low IELTS score. Promptly I advised her of what to do . At a point , her friend discovered they had to go elsewhere and I was back in the rain .
It was also a place I had to cross the road and lost in thought I missed seeing a fast approaching truck .( 3rd Idiotic move )
Close to being run over I felt an angelic hand on my arm pulling me out of Harms way !
Another young lady with umbrella ! ( Didn't agree to a photo ) who , it turned out was going towards a hostel near where I stay . So I was saved from not only rain but serious injury as well !!
Do you see how we are #protected ?
And that people do go out of their way to help others #voluntarily !
No comments:
Post a Comment